Monday, July 26, 2010

Sugar Cookies? Hecks no! Sugar Cookie Bars!

Lately I've been having this urge to make sugar cookies, but I just haven't had the motivation to do all the waiting, rolling, and cutting. Yet I've been wanting to make SOMETHING. I've been having that baker's itch. You know. . .that feeling where you just have to make something. Well as I was looking around at recipes I've bookmarked, I ran into the sugar cookie bars recipe. Every time I see these somewhere on the internet I say to myself. . .I should make those. Well today my roommate finally convinced me(all it took was her saying "do it!") to make them. So that I did.





















I used the recipe off of RecipeGirl, but added just a little touch of almond extract to the batter. I'm not partial to sugar cookies, because they are so bland so I like the added flavor.












So what's my verdict? I like the recipe, but they are unbelievably sweet. These are a treat you have to take in small doses. Like. . .one bite doses. One deliciously sweet bite.








The other problem I have is that. . .this makes a HUGE batch and. . .and. . .I don't have any one to eat them! All of my friends, or family are either
A. On diets or
B. Diabetic
So I'm not exactly sure what I should do with this massive batch of cookie bars. =(

Oh life, why do you plague me so. Pretty sure I want to invent baked goods that actually make people LOSE weight. Yeah. . .that's right LOSE weight. Wouldn't that be amazing? Eating cookies and cake and pie all day only to see the pounds shed off. *starry eyed*


No comments:

Post a Comment