Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Sorry Key Lime Pie


So yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. When you like to bake the only way you know how to say sorry is to bake someone something right? I got in to a fight with someone and I apologized by making their favorite dessert. Key Lime Pie.

Here is my I'm sorry Key Lime Pie. Ignore the bite taken out of it. . .it t'was not my doing. He couldn't wait to try some so he took a bite and I stopped him and said NONONO I HAVEN'T TAKEN A PICTURE YET D=

He then proceeded to try to spit the bite back out onto the pie. I wasn't having any of that. >.>

This pie was really, really, reallllllly simple to make.

Premade crust, bottled key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and sour cream. 4 ingredients? That all you do is mix together in one bowl? You can't beat that.

So this is basically the recipe

1 graham cracker pie crust
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c sour cream
3/4 c key lime juice
Lime zest is optional. . .I didn't use it, because I used bottled key lime juice since I'm lazy and didn't want to squeeze all the limes

Combine the S.C.M, sour cream, and lime juice together in a bowl. Mix well.
Pour into graham cracker crust and bake at 350 F for about 8 minutes. Do not brown.
Chill. Serve. Eat. Enjoy. Tra la la.

I think I would totally make this again, but maybe not use key limes. I'm not a big lime fan. Boyfriend sure did like it though. He forgave me for the fight and now has to proceed to nuzzle and bear hug me after every bite. Silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment