Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Snickerdoodles


I made snickerdoodles for the first time today. I must say they are prettttty dang tasty. I would grab one and shove it in my mouth before even realizing what happened. Mmmm cinnamon and sugar. =)


Ignore the crappiness of the picture(remember my camera broke =( ). . . oh and the messy kitchen.

Before I made these I was deliberating between making these and making snickerdoodle cupcakes. I decided to start with cookies since they are basically like. . .classic and the fact that I've never made them before. I guess that maybe my next project will have to be snickerdoodle cupcakes.

The recipes that I used was:

1 cup(2 sticks) butter(okay I have a confession to make kids. . .I've been using margarine lately, because I'm a poor, poor college student and let's face it. . .60 cents for margarine compared to 2 something for butter. . .what're you going to choose?>.> <.< >.>)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tb vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
2 3/4 c flour

In bowl combine flour and baking powder
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
Add eggs one at a time stirring after each addition, add vanilla
Gradually add flour and baking powder mixture
Once combined, chill for about an hour or two
In a clean bowl mix about 1/2 c white sugar and 2 Tbs of cinnamon
When dough is chilled enough, roll into 1 inch balls and cover in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for about 8 mins
Cool on wire rack

No comments:

Post a Comment