Saturday, August 7, 2010

Muffins That Taste Like Doughnuts? What?


The past few days I've been craving a homemade breakfast. I wanted something different than the traditional pancakes, or waffles, or omelette's, etc. So, I went a recipe searchin'. What did I find? Muffins that taste like doughnuts. . .I found it on the Tasty Kitchen website. Unfortunately I had to make a few alterations to the recipe, because I was being cool and started making stuff before I checked if I had all the ingredients for it.


The alterations I made were:
  • Leaving the nutmeg out
  • Using butter instead of milk
  • Rolling them in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon
I had used all my white sugar in the muffins themselves.
Now I must say that even though they did not taste like doughnuts(probably due to the fact that I made some major changes) they were still delicious. Especially if you let them sit for a while and soak up the cinnamon sugar buttery goodness. =)
I would totally make these again, but for next time maybe I'll actually have nutmeg, milk, and white sugar. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment